After our last batch of beer and the slight carbonation issue, I decided to give this batch a full three weeks before cracking a bottle to check. Which I did on Monday. At the popping of the top there was a very quite little “pfssss”, but not nearly as robust as I was hoping for.
It wasn’t flat like last time, but was not as carbonated as I would have liked. Taste-wise it was pretty tasty. Dark like a porter should be with a lovely pumpkin flavor on the finish. After another couple of days I tried another bottle with better results.
So today I printed up the labels and Irene is packing up the gift bags just in time for the holidays.